Did the cold get to you this weekend? Or maybe the week needs an extra pick me up?
Our friends at Barking Buffalo Café have you covered with their tips for making the perfect home brew. You can also visit the café to pick up beans or try a delicious Peppermint Mocha (featuring your favourite chocolate!). The café space is shared with Salgado Fenwick (local illustrators and screen printers of adorable animals) which makes it a perfect stop to sneak in some Christmas shopping while refueling.
Making coffee at home with your V60!
Things you’ll need:
- Stir stick
- Coffee beans (we recommend Pilot Coffee Roasters)
- Scale (optional)
- You're going to want to pre-heat your cup & wet your filter (bend the crease of your V60 Filter so coffee doesn't get trapped in the corner). Which you can do at the same time!
- Grind 20g of coffee, medium course.
- (Empty that pre-heated cup because now it's time for coffee!!) Pour the ground coffee into the wet filter and set the V60 on top of the cup.
- Pour approximately 50g of hot water and then agitate or stir the coffee. Don’t let it go dry and do this for about 30 seconds. You might see it bubble, this is its bloom stage.
- Pour 345g of water, in a circle rotation (toonie size circles) for 1 minute (about a cup and a half of water).
- Scrape the sides gently to meet the middle.
- Hang tight and soon you will have the perfect cup of coffee!